Teaching and Learning in Multiple Dimensions
May 30 – June 2, 2017
Teaching and Learning in Multiple Dimensions challenges presenters to demonstrate how they strategically use tools, media and pedagogy to stimulate learners to respond with greater cognitive gain. As we seek impactful ways to deliver content to our students, encourage engagement, measure learning outcomes, and foster completion, we discover an ever widening spectrum of unique circumstances, each requiring insight and sensitivity. Meeting these unique needs is often a process of experimentation and exploration that requires patience and fortitude. This coupled with the continued growth and sophistication in the areas of gamification and virtual reality offer new dimensions in teaching and learning.
This theme challenges the presenters to share their iterative process, their experiences (good, bad, and ugly), and their strategic success in all types of learning spaces.
The CIT 2017 Call for Presentations is now closed.
All SUNY campuses, state-operated, statutory, and community colleges are invited to submit abstracts to present at this conference. We welcome proposals from outside the SUNY system as well.
This year’s theme Teaching and Learning in Multiple Dimensions ¹ is supported by the following tracks:
- Diverse Learners, Diverse Learning Styles
- Post Traditional Learners²/Lifelong Learning/Career Retooling/Career Credentialing
- Student Success: Retention & Remediation
- Professional Partnerships
- Iterative Journeys
Abstract submissions are being accepted at the Introductory, Intermediate and Advanced levels and in the following formats: Presentation, Panel, Birds of a Feather, Hands-on Demo, Ignite, Workshop, Special Interest Group, and Poster.
To submit a proposal, click ‘Submit Your Proposal’. Then, follow these steps:
- New Users click on Create New Account
- Enter the *Required information and click Next Step
- Create a Password and click Finish
- Click on the link CIT Abstract Submission
- Complete the Submission Form
- Remember to “save draft” frequently
- Click Submit Application when complete
The deadline to submit your proposal is December 31, 2016.